I guess the first question that most people would have is "what in the world made you decide to give up your job and try to pursue something so uncertain?" I guess the short answer to that would be, why wouldn't I? But I realize that just isn't going to do...
So.... despite having a wonderful job with a bright future at a great company, Samtec Inc; I decided that I wasn't going to be happy working for someone else. I've always been very pro-potential in a person and I didn't feel like I was fully exploiting my own. There were a lot of perks to the job and I had a lot of great friends working there, and loved what I was doing for them, but when it all boiled down I could see that sitting at a desk, working 8 - 5 everyday stuck in one location just wasn't what I wanted and no amount of money could convince me otherwise. Even with the recent promotion/opportunity within the company to explore new avenues in sales, I just found myself constantly searching for more and looking for something that I could really put my heart into and go after on my own.... it was really about that time that the fog started to clear for me and I was able to see that the only thing that was going to make me happy was to pursue something that I could make my very own.
This realization came about midway through the summer of my last year in college. I was due to start summer classes in July and throughout the entire summer while working under my new position I kept falling back on my original craft which was software development. Despite the roll change I accepted and all of the motivating factors pushing me to succeed in the position I just didn't feel at home with myself and would find that I would go home and work on things of my own. It was around that time that I started to do some research on outside opportunities. I knew that when graduation rolled around the world would once again be open to me and I really wouldn't have anything tying me down except for this job that I was positioned in.... A job that most would probably love to have and would be very happy with, but that's just not me..
After a long while and a lot of sole searching and discussions with friends, family, and co-workers I decided that some drastic measures had to be taken and it was at that point that I really started to push things into action. One of the first things that I did was started to devote all of my time outside of work to researching avenues that one; I saw great opportunity in, and two; that I felt I would fit into and would enjoy working towards for the rest of my life. One of those avenues just happened to be development and the area of development that seemed to be booming the most at that time, mobile application development.
When I finally settled on something that could keep my interest and really drive me to succeed I knew it was time to start setting into motion a plan that I could follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment