Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Major Hang Ups

I had graduated at this point, I owned 3 domains, Christmas was right around the corner, I had already completely moved out of my apartment, though I still had 2 weeks remaining on the lease and I had a great vision in mind...

What went wrong?
I put to much on myself, my ideas were too elaborate for a startup and the foundation I was building on was sand... I had to drastically rethink things. Having graduated and being back home gave me a lot of time to really sit down and think things through and start putting together a logical plan of attack and knocking things out one at a time. It was evident by Christmas that the sites were not going to be up, the trip was going to have to be postponed and plans were going to have to be pushed out and changed if my goals were going to be successful...

It was during this same period of time that a good friend of mine from work, Hemant Bhade approached me and indicated that he too would be leaving Samtec, however he was going to be leaving much sooner. He was going to be starting his own company as well, Suruss. His plans were to provide consulting to companies providing business analysis and re-engineering to those companies. He proposed a unique proposition to me indicating that he would like to partner up as seperate companies but collaborate to offer a synergistic approach to both of our business endeavors. He knew that I was very technical minded and could help with those aspects of his business, and he could provide business analysis and insight for my company.

This is where things started to turn around...

No comments:

Post a Comment