Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Present Day

So finally I've caught myself up from the past 5 months of work. It's been a long journey thus far and has been very rewarding in ways other than money. Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to add that to the list of things that have resulted from this endeavor...

To date however, since the last meetings I have had with Hemant I have tapered my initial project's scope to only focus on www.MobileSharkTank.com. Tonight I spoke with a good friend of mine Daniel Patterson about contracting out some of the design work for the site to him as he produces excellent work. (www.sucro.se) If there is one thing that I have learned from the progress that I have been making is that you can't do everything on your own. Delegation is key to success and although it is extremely difficult to put your fate and future in another's hand, it's often humbling to take a step back and look at yourself and look at others and see that they are better at something than you are and putting your trust in them is in your best interest. The work they produce is a result of the hard work they have put forth to get to that point in their life. For me, I am extremely good at development, but only because that has been my absolute focus for the past 4 years. Daniel, for the past 10 years has absolutely focused on designing beautiful websites.

In the beginning, I feel that my greatest failures were a result of spreading myself too thin. Though I am fully confident that I am capable of doing just about anything I put my mind to, I am not capable of doing everything perfectly with the limited amount of time that I have on this earth. Opportunity is in being first to market and doing everything yourself just doesn't make that feasible. Likewise, if you don't put your all into something and truly invest in it, it puts no worth on actually losing that. Forcing myself to invest in my dream and my ideas is like making an investment in my future and I don't like wasting money that I have worked hard for... One of my favorite adages is, let your money make money for you... and the only way that I can see to do that is to invest that money in something that I know I'm going to put everything I have into to make it succeed, and in the end... if it fails.... I'll still come out on top with all of the friends, experience, and with the realization that I pursued something that I wanted to do.

Have you ever wondered why goals are often associated with a dream... it's because they are something that in the deepest depths of your mind you want to attain, and what better way to wake up from your dream than to wake up living in that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment