What I found, was a perfect niche....
There are a lot of people out there that will develop an application for large sums of money. That is obviously not practical for most people. There are also a lot of people out there that have great ideas for applications but have no development knowledge. So where's the niche.... the niche is in providing a service to people that will take care of everything between the idea and putting the application to market. That's where the basis for my company came in and that next day I started going to work on getting everything in order.
I bought 3 new domain names:
- www.MobileSharkTank.com (this would be my submission site)
- www.AppsByMAC.com (this would be my marketing site)
- www.iPhone-Droid.com (this would be my informational feeder site) Droid at this time was the new hot platform so having this site to compare the two would be logical becasue a lot of people online would try to figure out which platform was better... having people look at this site and get drawn to my others would be a good traffic drawing mechanism.
I started to put together a web paradigm that I thought would be omnidirectional and feed off every other site that I owned. In doing so this would provide for better search engine rankings as well as more avenues to be found.
My business plans started further coming together when I started speaking to outside contractors to determine the costs of development.
At this point I was completely driven. Graduation was right around the corner and I started making drastic movements. I had given a months notice to my landlord that I would be moving out of my apartment in Louisville and back in with my parents for a while to conserve money and in preparation for a 2 month trip I had planned around the entire outskirts of the country to market my ideas, I was going to have all 3 sites up an operational January 1, and I was going to be contracting all development overseas.
Although everything seemed to be on track and I had the ball rolling and things seemed to be going smoothly, one thing that I can assure you, nothing goes as planned....
No comments:
Post a Comment