Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Back On Track

After a slight slump and some hang ups it appeared that I now had the facilities to get things back on track and with the advent of the new year my motivation had really come full circle and I was ready to buckle down and really make things happen...

Over the course of a couple weeks I made a great deal of progress:

  • I located a contracting firm out of Lexington, KY that would do iPhone applicatoins.
  • I researched which states offered the best options for registering a business. I found that I really had 3 options, Nevada, Delaware, and my home state. In the end despite the perks in Nevada and Delaware because of flow through laws on companies under 100 employees I found that registering in your home state is the best option.
  • With that being said, I registered my company under the name MAC Technologies LLC, MAC being my initials - Matthew Alan Colin - and also producing the dual intrinsic value of having he same trademark as a Mac computer.
  • I determined tax considerations for 2009 and met with a CPA, Charlie McMonigle, from Monroe Shine. He advised me that I would be able to write off all expenses that I had incurred in 2009 in 2010 and that it was in my best interest to file taxes from 2009 as I had in previous years and worry about picking up a CPA when the time was right in 2010.
In addition to all of the above Hemant and I continued to meet and discuss additional business prospects and ventures and approaches and have continued to do so...

All of this has finally brought me to present day....

No comments:

Post a Comment